Hey David,

Thanks for spending the time to look at some of the issues - its always appreciated.
Thanks also
for the advice on the MSDN article on the case-insensitive comparer.  I also agree the
exceptions
thrown from the server are currently pants in the client.  I also agree with you that
everything to
do with VSS should be configured in the config file, and not in the environment - it
leaves too much
to inference.

Best regards David,

Nick.