Isn't that more or less what the /nfb switch does in the Draco client
already?  By default the client forces a build, but if you don't want it
to force and only build if "necessary" throw it the /nfb.

[This commandline warrior has been wishing for a /list switch for the
Draco client for a while now because he can't remember the correct name
or case for all of his nearly 150 builds now...]