Hi Bryan,

>>Do most people have build scripts setup for each project? Our current build script
>>is a solution script.

I have found out it's easier for me to have

1 build script for the solution & 1 build script per project
the 'porject script' sole responsability is to build the corrensponding assembly.
The 'solution build' build scirpts resonpasibilities is to
1/ call the 'project' build script in correct order
2/ perform additionnal task: run the unit tests, create documentation, put binaries
back into SCC,...

>> Does it pull down everything into a new temp directory everytime? Seems to take a
>> long timeâ

Yes it does, How long is that for you , I ve never had any trouble with time  ?

>>Should I be trying to emulate the file structures of production or staging and
>>having draco pull down into that structure?

No just let draco pull down your development structure, then have a task copy your
binaries , web page , config file into your production structure.

Hope this helps,

Yves

        I am getting up to speed with Draco and I am trying to get my head around how
everything ties together.

        I have it working, it queries SourceSafe and if something changes it attempts
to build with my nant script. What I am struggling with most is what kind of build
script should I setup, where should it live, and how should it be called. Also, what
am I trying to do with the code and the builds when they are pulled down. I had
assumed that I would be pulling this down into a staging structure where we can test,
but the temp folders have me a little confused.

        A few beginners questions:

        *       Do most people have build scripts setup for each project? Our current
build script is a solution script.
        *       I am assuming that if I want to use the solution script I should have
it watch the solution in VSS
        *       Does it pull down everything into a new temp directory everytime?
Seems to take a long timeâ
        *       Should I be trying to emulate the file structures of production or
staging and having draco pull down into that structure?

        Thanks for any advice.

<<winmail.dat>>