-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick
Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Draconet-users] Draco.NET, VSS, and VS.NET 2003

Edwin, you can invoke the VC++ compiler on the commandline using the
exec
function wihtin NAnt.  This then allows you to compile VC projects -
does
this help?

nick.robinson
site  : www.fromconcept.co.uk
blog  : www.fromconcept.co.uk/weblog.aspx
draco : www.sourceforge.net/projects/draconet

Castro,
> Edwin Gabriel (Firing Systems Engr.)
> Sent: 16 March 2004 18:49
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: [Draconet-users] Draco.NET, VSS, and VS.NET 2003
>

> I may need to set things up in two builds. I was already planning to
try
> your suggestion as I felt that would be the easiest way to handle most
> of the current problems. At least I wanted to try it so that I could
> show my co-workers how it works this way and hopefully convince them
of
> the changes required... That persuasion will be difficult.
>
> I do have another problem. To try this I chose a single project and
put
> it under a new VSS db on my local machine (so that I can test without
> messing up the real db). I also needed to bring over two other
projects
> over that are referenced (the source code requires a few include
files).
> Of course the build failed because VS.NET could not find the include
> files. This sort of situation appears many times in the over all
> library. We use a number of resources that are not part of our
projects
> but they live in the same repository. Since they are not in the same
> tree Draco never gets them from source control.
>
> I thought a way to get this to work could be to use NAnt to get all
the
> extra required sources from VSS, but then I would need to build with
> NAnt which doesn't build VC++ projects correctly. This one is tough
> because as difficult as it will be to move the other sources these
> sources would be near impossible since they "live" outside our domain.
>
> Again, I welcome suggestions! I was hoping to get some creative ideas
> work around the "fragmented" code, but it seems I will need to
> restructure the code. Thanks!
>
> --
> Edwin G. Castro
> Firing Systems Engineer