Gene,
I have thought about it, but not gotten there yet.  Here are some ideas.  

I was going to put a 4 ohm resistor in series to the switch, and a 4 ohm 
across the switch.  That would give the audio amp an 8 ohm resistance if 
the switch is off and you turn on the radio by mistake.  So now each radio 
has at least 8 ohm, instead of an open to work into.  While the radio is 
switched into the speaker, it would work into something like a 6 ohm 
resistnace/impedance.  It will obviously reduce the audio output that you 
hear.  

I was thinking that this would be my approach as I seem to remember 
hearing about blowing an audio tube with switching from/to open/load.   
Not sure that it is a problem with Drakes or not.

Looking for others to comment on my "garage engineering" ideas.

73,
Ron

-- 
============================================================
Amateur Radio Station: WD8SBB - Ron  and  KB8NRP - Joann
============================================================
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>   I have an R-4C and R-4B that I would like to use with a single MS-4 
> speaker. Has anyone tried this without using a switch between the two receivers?  I  
> figured I better ask before doing so not to harm either radio. Any help or 
> advice would be appreciated.
> 
> Thanks,
> Gene
> WB4NUM
> 


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to