Hi folks,
 
I picked up a R4A a little while ago that was working ok.
Figured I'd clean it up and do an alignment.  I've restored
a couple Drake transceivers before without a hitch and they
work fine.  This was the first try with an RX.  I went by the
book  Went as far as the injection alignment and aside from
the 5645 kc oscillator alignment (was very "fast" on one side)
everything went fine.  Now it doesn't appear to receive LSB?!
I repeated what I did and there was no change.  Then went
as far as try to "twiddle" those adjustments on a LSB signal
to see if I could bring it in.  No luck.  The passband setting is
off up even in terms of USB which it still receives fine.
 
I did not do the passband tuning alignment but as it appeared
to work before I'd be amazed if this was it. 
 
Anyone have an idea of what could have happened here?
 
Thanks,
- Mark K9MRK
 

Reply via email to