Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I took a few pictures and put them out on YAHOO at this address:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/putt_1

I put a black circle around the area in question.  If these pics don't work and anyone cares, I can send a picture direct.

Thanks again!

Greg
K9IG


Garey Barrell wrote:
No clearcoat from Drake.   Sounds more like nicotine scum....  On the bright
side, the nicotine MAY have prevented the marker from getting to the paint.

Dilute Simple Green or 409 will take it off and let the paint show!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Gerald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  
Looking at all my B line and C line stuff, there is no clearcoat
whatsoever. I've nerver seen Drake gear with clear coated front panels.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Greg Clark
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 9:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [drakelist] Cleaning T4XC Faceplate - Follow-up


Thanks for all of the input on the cleaning guys.  I'll put some of the
ideas to work this weekend to see the results.

As a follow-up, to me it looks like the true discoloration on the
faceplate is due to a clearcoat of some kind put on over the paint?  I
see a small nick here and there and it looks like the underlying piant
is not  bothered.

Has anyone ever taken the clearcoat off of a face place without damaging

what is under it?

Thanks again.

Greg
K9IG


Greg Clark wrote:

    
Any suggestions on cleaning a T4XC faceplate.  It's a bit faded as
compared to what was behind the knobs but just wanting to know if
there is a better method than water and soap?

Also, it looks like the original owner put a dot of permanent marker
on the face next to where he wanted his plate and load set.  I have
not been able to remove all traces of the marker, any hints there?

Thanks

Greg
K9IG
      


  

Reply via email to