Garey,
Thanks for the advice but I know about Lubriplate on the detent. I wish the
previous owner(s) had used it. Unfortunately, when I purchased this
receiver a few years ago it was already broken. Except for that minor
defect the receiver is in nearly perfect condition. The only other thing it
needs is a 6 KHz AM filter to complete it.
The next time I have it open I'll take your advice and check the switch to
see if it is assembled with screws. I just may have a good "front end" in
the junque box, hopefully with a ball bearing detent.
Ken, WA2LBI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Garey Barrell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
g.com> cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Ken_Winterling/HO/MAIL/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Wanted: R-4C
Function Switch
10/19/2003 15:37
Ken -
You may want to consider swapping the switch wafers
onto a new "front end" from a standard switch. Many
are assemble with screws making it an easy swap. I
have repaired a couple this way. I don't recall the
size of the Function wafers, but they are a standard
size. Centralab offered a line of switches in "kit
form" for a while that allowed you to assemble switches
from various wafers and detent mechanisms. I still see
these at hamfests now and then.
For those switches that haven't broken yet, a little
Lubriplate in the detent mechanism will prevent this.
If your switch is hard to turn or snaps loudly, lube it!
73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I need a function switch for my R-4C. Mine turns from OFF to CAL with
> almost
> no discernible detents at the intermediate positions. Instead of using a
> ball
> bearing to engage the detent this switch used a "bulge" pressed from a
> rotating
> plate attached to the shaft. The bulge has broken off. The AC power
switch
> works.
>
> Please state condition and advise cost and shipping charges to
10941-1211.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken, WA2LBI
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------