I am a Drake newbie and would appreciate any assistance.


I just received a Drake TR7 which the previous owner said was working perfectly.
When I turn the radio on the frequency display reads 96.672.5 Mhz and begins
counting. It counts down slowly about 5 Khz and then beings counting upward.
It starts slowly and becomes faster.


Tuning the VFO, changing the band or pressing UP/DOWN has no effect.  The
STORE button will stop the counting.  I can hear static from the speaker. I can
also hear it tuning past what sounds like an occasional birdie.

I have removed and reseated most of the boards, including the VCO with no
change.

Thanks,
Neil
K4NJK

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to