yyOn Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Stu Greene wrote:
Yes, Al, I'm collecting the suggestions and perhaps in a week we can decide where and when to have a twenty meter Drake Net. Unless of course you'd care to coordinate the new Net without further discussion. If you do, I'll send you a list of people who have expressed interest right away.
This is an opportunity for those who would like to volunteer to moderate to raise their hands.
I'd suggest stations in the Northwest, Southeast and Northeast. The Northeast can help with Europe.
Tom, would you care to toss two � into the pot.
Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me....and might I suggest that as you all attempt to find a time and fequency that best fits all...you can use the drakelist chat function to communicate as you are setting up the times and frequency.
The chat function can be reached at http://www.zerobeat.net/drakelist/chat.html
It's a web based IRC client....works well. It is NOT intended to replace an on-air qso, nor is it psuedo-ham radio like Echolink
Since it is not uised that often, you won't see the number of users you see in a normal IRC channel.
So...please don't tell me no one is there, or that it ain't real ham radio, or you don't like IRC....use it if you like to exchange information about how to setup the 20 meter net/roundtable.
73, Thom

