A good reason to use it, is that the front panel tuning encoder
is hard to find and DOES wear out!

John K5MO

At 11:03 AM 10/16/04 -0700, Michael Wagner wrote:

As I previously posted, I was looking for the remote control unit for the
Drake SW-2 receiver. I have tried programming several universal remotes for
it, but none worked.
Correspondance with Bill Frost at Drake indicated that all that is required
is the Drake remote unit (no other interface necessary). Bill did not know
of any universal remotes that would work. He also said that Drake's stock
is gone. However (the good news). The last 5 were shipped to Universal
Radio. Universal now has 4 as I ordered one this morning. Anyone with an
SW-2 that wants a remote needs to get in touch with Universal before they
are all gone.

Regards
Mike K8SWL
P.S. for those that wonder why I wanted the remote, just because...

---

<<<<

---