"Matthew E. McNeely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
it seems to me that the amateur has been a second class service for a long time with the FCC. I was first licensed in 1968 and was active until 1978. through those years the FCC waffled on the amateur service. I went back into the hobby this spring and am really enjoying it again.
It seems like the FCC has always de rated the amateur service in one breath they have said how helpful it has been in disasters and then next it was telling amateurs that they were not receiving any extra frequencies and bands.
We have to realize that the FCC is a part of the elected government the FCC chair is an appointment as are most of the top posts. appointed by the president. so the place to start is with the office of the president and with congress.
It will be no easy fight though simply because the power companies have lobbyists. this means a lot of income for them as they see it. they can see the dollars that they are potentially loosing not being able to provide Internet access. that is the bottom line the all mighty dollar. the only reason they want to implement BPL is what they think they will make from subscribers.
I have written several letters to the president my congressmen and senators and yes to the chair of the FCC himself. I have receive polite replies from all but Mr. Powell. I am not sure that any of it has done any good. I am going to keep trying simply because I enjoy my hobby and have invested a lot of time and money into it as have you all.
We are David fighting Goliath hopefully we can win to!
Matt
K1MCN
---------------------------------------------------------------------- On Behalf of "Matthew E. McNeely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------

