"john" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
I'm just firing up a long dormant (and nearly new ) L7 for the first
time.  I purchased it from the original owner who said it was used
only 6 hours before his condo neighbors complained about the TVI
and he put it in the box, which is where it was when I bought it a few
months ago.

I formed all the caps in the supply (most were quite good yet), and
installed the tubes in the sockets. I had the unit in CW mode, per
the manual, and fired it up for the first time. I can hear the fan and
there was no smoke, but the plate voltage sits at only 1500V and
begins to drop after about 5 seconds.  I've turned it OFF again, after
no longer than about 10 seconds, as the reading (no load, not in
transmit) seems way low. There does not appear to be any plate
current flowing during this time.

How to proceed in trouble shooting?

Restart, without tubes in sockets?

I'm afraid to leave it on longer, for fear it'll toast something.
There's no unusual smells, noises, etc.

All hints appreciated.
John K5MO