"Gerry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1kHz is about right. I tried this back in the late 70's on my original
TR-4C. As a Novice, I really missed the RIT function and I didn't want to
put a lot of effort into it. I got results to match.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Garey Barrell
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:15 AM
To: Bollini, Maurizio
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [drakelist] FSK Pin in the PTO of TR-4C


Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Maurizio -

The FSK pin is to enable Frequency Shift Keying for radioteletype 
transmission.  When the TR-4 was designed, the amount of shift was 850 
Hz.  It takes about 250 pF to ground from the PTO terminal to shift the 
PTO frequency 850 Hz, and the external capacitor was typically switched 
in and out of the circuit by a diode switch.  I've never tried it, but I 
doubt you would be able to get much over 1 kHz total frequency shift, 
which is not much RIT.   So yes, a variable cap attached to that pin 
would give you some RIT.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake C-Line Service Manual
<http://hr99.home.mindspring.com/R-4C_Servicez/>



Bollini, Maurizio wrote:

>"Bollini, Maurizio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the
drakelist gang
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Good Morning,
>
>does anyone know which practical purpose has the FSK pin in the PTO ?
>Could it be used to implement the RIT function ?
>
>73 de IZ2CED Maurizio.
>
>  
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Behalf of Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in
body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  http://www.zerobeat.net
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Behalf of "Gerry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  http://www.zerobeat.net
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to