Greetings, David!
Welcome to the group. Here you will find more great information, discussion than you will ever need.
My first transmitter (when I was a Novice) was the Johnson Viking Ranger. Loved that rig!
Presently, I use the C-line (R-4C, T-4XC, etc.) and I really like it. There are those who like the B-line better (softer sound, due to LC filtering instead of crystal filters). In fact, my friend bought a B-line at Dayton last weekend for $275. If you are interested in an awesome-performing radio, go C-line, and learn all you can about the mods (Bob Sherwood, INRAD, etc). One of these days, perhaps I will be able to get some of that for my radio.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy and learn a lot from this group, even before you buy a rig.
73,
Eric KA8FAN
David Toepfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
David Toepfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
David Toepfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am primarily a Ham needing use on the amateur bands.
When I was younger a friend used to have and R-2B with a 2BQ, which was the
first real ham bands receiver I had exposure to. It inspired me enough to want
my own (but I never did get a receiver of any brand) and my Novice license
(which I did get, KA2TUE). I was recently thinking of getting one to pair up
with a Johnson Ranger, which I am sure I would have loved as my first Novice
transmitter (again, never got one as a novice).
A year or so ago I took the time to get my General (Extra to come) with my
sights on Homebrewing, AM, and QRP CW. I used to be keen on the R-8B, but
recently stumbled upon info swaying me to set my sights on ! an R-4C instead
(Sherwood specs are quite compelling).
Still have yet to purchase my first Drake, but thought I would subscribe for
exposure to some valuable experience. Looking forward to Drake discourse.
73 de K3TUE
dt
.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Behalf of David Toepfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Submissions: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new Resources site!

