"Mark V. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob and Drake team;
I too am somewhat new to Drake gear and I found the exact same problem with my R4B. I was certain I had a problem with the FAST AGC. Scoped the AGC circuit and tried several things then I consulted some colleagues. My Drake colleagues told me that copying SSB on fast AGC was going to result in this distortion. That fast setting is about 25 msec if I recall. Slow AGC is around 750 msec. The manual says to use the SLOW AGC for SSB and most CW. The fast setting is for other applications. The net of it is, I don't think this is a bug.

Mark V. Johnson VE3DJU/VE3DDI

Bob Henderson wrote:

"Bob Henderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all

I recently picked up an R4C which I'm now checking out.  It's in pretty good
all round condition and for the most part seems to work well.  However, I
notice a particular problem with the agc.  If  I set agc to medium or slow
then all appears well but if I select fast the rx sounds awful.  I scoped
the af output from the rx and notice that when fast agc is selected, the
audio output appears 50% modulated by a ~150 Hz ripple.  It's not
immediately obvious to me where that is coming from.

Something is clearly not right here.  I wonder if any of you fellas have
seen this before?

73, Bob, 5B4AGN


----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Behalf of "Bob Henderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  http://www.zerobeat.net
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------



----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Behalf of "Mark V. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  http://www.zerobeat.net
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to