Dino Papas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
George - although there can be many reasons for that crackle one that has plagued me from time to time turns out to be an easy fix....sometimes the phono plug on the back of the receiver gets a little corrosion in the female part and/or on the male pin. Usually a little dab of DeOxit clears it up nicely. Your mileage may vary but worth giving it a try.

Those ceramic (?) phono plugs on the back of the R-4c seem to break down after a while. I changed out the whole strip of them once many years ago to cure some intermittent problems I was having.

GL -- Dino KL0S/4