Dino Papas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Has anyone done this interface along the lines recommended by Roy Vickers KF5YU described at:

http://www.zerobeat.net/drakelist/2nt-hg10.html

Roy changes the VFO signal routing by connecting the VFO RF output from the phono jack on the rear panel thru the interface cable he built that plugs into the octal socket which eventually ends up at the 2-NT crystal socket. What I'm wondering about is the fact that doing so routes the RF along a single wire vs. a coax cable as originally configured. At least it didn't look like he did that with coax. It may very well be that it's no problem but just thought I'd check before surgery. My gut feeling is to at least do it with a piece of RG-174 to keep that signal as clean as possible.

Love these "retro projects" that take us back to our childhood ham radio days!

Thanks in advance!

Dino KL0S/4