The same thing can happen with the Hallicrafters HT-44.  Luckily, I have added 
a plate current meter to both of my Halli PS-150-120 power supplies, so I can 
monitor the plate current.  (For some unfathomable reason, Halli decided not to 
put in a plate current meter on the PS-150-120, necessitating user mods if one 
wants one!)  The cinch connector only did this once in the past 30 years, and I 
caught it within 5 seconds, cutting the power.   Amazingly, no damage to the 
finals!

I know this is off topic re Drake, but thought I would mention that this same 
risk applies to other tube gear.

Howard  VE3AXD

Robert Ladden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : 
Robert Ladden  made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know that if the cinch connector becomes loose on the back of 
a T-4XC, the bias may become disconnected but the plate voltage can 
remain? I learned that the hard way. The plates don't just glow red, 
they become bright orange very quickly. When I saw that I hit the 
switch on the power strip, not knowing what the problem was yet. 
After that, the T-4XC would only put out about half power (which is 
better than expected). Fortunately, I had a spare set of 6JB6's and 
was back on the air with full power quickly. The frustrating part is 
that I did the AC-4R upgrade to prevent such a problem. The lesson is 
to check the cinch connector frequently.

73,
Bob WW3QB

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------


       
---------------------------------
Combattez les méchants pourriels... Le filtre SpamGuard vous aide à lutter 
efficacement contre les pourriels sur le Tout-nouveau Yahoo! Courriel 

Reply via email to