A problem has cropped up on my L-7. For no reason that I can tell, the Load
Capacitor is now shorting going from Dial Number 2 to 3. It never did this
before, but is doing it now. The amp was used for a year or so and then sat on
a shelf for a year. I decided to replace it with another lower power amp.

I am getting ready to sell it, but the capacitor short prevents me from
collecting a good set of data. I can loosen the four long bars on the capacitor
and essentially "fix" the short, but that is not a proper cure.

Has anyone seen this type of problem before and fixed it?

I successfully repaired the power switch per the mods I found on the web, so
that is working great now. If only the cap would cooperate!

Roger W5RDW
Murphy, Texas