I seem to remember a QST article about using an Elecraft K2 as a VFO for a 
Drake, but I can't find it by searching the ARRL site. Or maybe I dreamed it!
Kurt, W7QHD

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:52:15 -0400
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] FS-4



The handiest thing for that remains the ‘Huff and Puff’ stabilizer which can 
lock down most PTO/VFOs. http://www.holmea.demon.co.uk/Stab/Stab.htm  
http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145530  
http://www.cumbriadesigns.co.uk/x-lock.htm  I have the Xlock 2.0 VFO Stabiliser 
from Cumbria Designs mentioned just above-which I plan to add to my SN XXX3 
Drake R7 (it was the 3rd production-prototype. Ed Tanton
 
website: http://www.n4xy.com 
 
All emails <IN> & <OUT> checked by 
Norton AntiVirus with AutoProtect 

--------------------------------------------------
Wag more / Bark less
-------------------------------------------------- From: 
[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of K9sqg
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:00 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] FS-4 I have owned several FS-4s over the years but do 
not have any now.  The FS-4 can be considered as stable as a crystal BUT it 
does not add anything to overall stability to the R4C, for example.  Why?  The 
main part that contributes to drift is the PTO so whether one uses and FS-4 or 
plug in crystal, the stability is basically unchanged.  The FS-4 is handy for 
SWLing, WARC, etc. but at today's prices, only the rich can afford them...  
///snip
_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist                          
          
_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to