From: "Paul Gerhardt" <phgerha...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:08 PM
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Subject: [Drakelist] T4XB Poor Transmit audio

After receiving good audio reports for a year or so on the B line,
suddenly am getting poor audio reports on the T4XB.  Listening to the
audio on the R4B with the mute off it sounds almost 'OK' and I would
think it was just overload into the R4 not really hum or RF on the
audio but more like listening to two receivers one on each side of the
room a few cycles off each other.  I have tried swapping the AC-4
(that has new filters) with another working AC-3 with little change in
reports.   Are any other troubleshooting ideas?  It has been working
fine since last winter.  I check into the same 40M net and the same
people who usually say the audio is good now say there is something
'not right' with the audio.

--
Paul Gerhardt
K3PG