From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of Ron
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 6:46 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] OT a failure mode of solid state electronics

All,
I was tooling around the web and ran into this video and document.  For
those unfamiliar, the new lead free solder often has a higher tin content
and can causes tin whisker growth issues.   Who knows when it might strike
your beloved solid state or hybrid vintage radio.  Maybe we should all
return to hollow state  :-)

http://www.vintage-radio.info/whiskers/

Totally amazing IMO.

73,