From: Don Cunningham [mailto:d...@martineer.net]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 7:28 PM
To: David; drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] R4C Sherwood mods

David,
I think you will find that in any group.  One group will ONLY stay stock,
even going so far as to gut and "re-stuff" paper caps with new poly caps,
remelting beeswax back in the ends!  The other group to the other side will
make it a whole new radio (look at the "reworked TR7" on WB4HFN's site for
an example of that!!  The braid mod you mentioned was a Drake factory fix to
a problem found.  There are many such things Drake put out to fix known
engineering oversights.  They remained in business for MANY years past the
sales of the first rigs, and found need to do that for most of the line.
That's just not the same thing as the full Monte Sherwood job.

  What most of us said to the original question was that it was up to how he
intended to use the rig and what he expected to get out of it when he was
finished with it.  If using it "from now on", do what you want.  If fixing
it to use and sell in a few months, you won't get close to your investment
back.  Most threads get hijacked and twisted, that's one of the problems
with lists.

In the end, each man (or woman's) gear is theirs, and they should do what
they wish with it.  If you ask, you should be ready to get ALL views, not
just the ones you wanted to get, hi.
73, and enjoy those Drakes, or Frankendrakes, both, Don, WB5HAK

-----
No virus found in this message.