I consider it like a bench power tool switch.  You pull "ON" and push
"OFF".  This is done so you can punch the switch in the event of a disaster
rather than having to carefully aim and grab.  So to me, pulling to put the
amp on line and pushing to put into standby makes sense.  OTOH, I like big,
easily visible toggle switches for operate and standby.  If they have
lights, so much the better!

Ken
WA2LBI