My R4C seemed a bit poor in the sensitivity department so I had an idea to
improve it. I aligned the R4C pretty well but it didn't seem very lively.

So with the bottom chassis visible I took my screw driver and loosened/
tightend each screw twice on each side of the 4 rows of trimmer bracket ground.
 Wow.....what a difference in sensitivity mainly 160-20M and in between.  I
estimate a  8-10 dB of more gain.  I learned this method of re-establishing
grounds from a metallurgist(sp)ham neighbor who showed me what happens to two
surfaces create a fine film a lose bonding with time. If the two metals are
much different the faster the degradation.

Your mileage may vary. I recommend all accessible screws and nuts.......it can
cure some pretty obscure problems and takes less than 15 minutes.  I had to
recalibrate the S-meter because of the gain change. It should work on R4any
receiver........or any old boatanchor.

Bill  KB9IV