Deoxit (Red) is hard to find in the U.K.   Had to buy a box with four types in
it.  Expensive too but I did not want to wait for mail from the U.S.  I am sure
they will all come in useful.

Cleaned all crystal pins and sockets as advised.  Instantly solved my, self
induced, problem with a 10m crystal.  15m crystal is dead in any socket so a
dud I am sure.  I still feel I have two problems on 15m as whatever crystal I
put in the 15m socket I get nothing.  Cannot spot any problem with the many
ganged rotary switches although I am sure they would all appreciate a clean.
Think I will get the new crystal first and then take it from there.

I get a bit of, mains type, hum on the speaker which vanishes completely it I
twist the big 12 socket plug which powers the transceiver.  Presumably Deoxit
Red would be helpful here too!

Thanks again to everyone for all your help and advice.
73,

Damien
G3XER