I also find the NB-7 works very well for what it was intended, impulse
noise, not static crashes. Be careful on your choice of a TR-7. A well cared
for, recently “ gone through “ TR-7 is worth more than an unknown condition or
basket case TR-7A. There is not enough difference to warrant the prices the
TR-7A’s bring and not that much was done over the years in the way of circuit
modifications. Regardless of the serial number they are all “ OLD “ radios and
any TR-7 can give you the fits occasionally. Crystals drift, crystal filters
also drift, LED displays weaken and fail, the wrong fingers find there way
inside, etc. I currently own four TR-7’s of various serial numbers and they all
work fine, but I also have the means and parts to keep them that way. Best of
luck with your search, beware of eBay sellers as many of them are passing on
radios they know nothing about or even take the time to clean the dust off of.

73, Gary

http://home.roadrunner.com/~w8pu

R-4A T4-X R-4B T4-XB R-4C T4-XC MS-4 L-4B RCS-4
2A 2B 2C 2NT 2CQ 2AS 4-LF
TR-4 TR-4C TR-4CW/RIT RV-4C MC-4
TR-7 RV-7 CW-75 MS-7
WH-7 W-4 WV-4 MN-2700 MN-4C MN-2000
UV-3 PS-3 TR-22C TR-33C AA-10 AC-10 MMK-22 TR-6
PRN1000