From: Stan Nafziger <kf4...@gmail.com>
To: K9sqg <k9...@aol.com>
Cc: damienmannix <damienman...@hotmail.com>; Drakelist <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Wed, Sep 11, 2013 11:46 am
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] MN-2700/B-1000 use

Hello Damien,

I also have an MN-2700 with the B1000 balun so I can share my experience.  I
have two ladder line (450) fed inverted-v's with the centers at 30 ft and
oriented 90 degrees to each other.  One is slightly lower than the other to
avoid physical contact of the wire and the centers are spaced about 4 feet
apart.  One is cut for 60M and the other for 75M.   The two feed lines drop
vertically for about 20' parallel to each other spaced about 4' apart.  I have
a patch panel in the shack to select the antenna needed.  Because the vertical
feed line will radiate to some degree, there will be some RF induced in the
adjacent feed line so it should remain unterminated when not in use.  The
MN-2700 will tune each antenna flat from 3.5 - 29 Mhz.  I generally run about
500 watts on 75m and have no issues.

I have no idea how this antenna system would look on paper and don't really
care...it works!  Like Evan said, experiment and have fun.  "Paper" and
antennas and "real" antennas rarely perform the same.....too many variables to
consider.

Hope that helps.

73,

Stan, KF4BY