John,
  I rarely pay much attention to the analog dial, but more then likely the
piece of surgical tubing behind the dial skirt has dried up and shrank and will
need replaced.
  The frequency display being erratic and counting up on the 15 and 10 meter
bands is probably due to the 24 vdc voltage from the power supply board being
low, causing the Low VCO to unlock. There are actually two VCO’s, one for 0 to
15 mhz, and another for 15 to 30 mhz. The voltage needs to be between 23 and 25
vdc typically.
Not sure about about your CW problem, could be several things. I would need
more info. I have a TR-7 that changes pitch from the start of key down then
hits 800 hz as it should. I havent dug into it yet but its probably an issue
with the CW oscillator circuit on the 2nd IF/Audio board.

73, Gary

http://w8pucom.ipage.com/Home.html

R-4A T4-X R-4B T4-XB R-4C T4-XC MS-4 L-4B RCS-4
2A 2B 2C 2NT 2CQ 2AS 4-LF
TR-4 TR-4C TR-4CW/RIT RV-4C MC-4
TR-7 RV-7 CW-75 MS-7
WH-7 W-4 WV-4 MN-2700 MN-4C MN-2000
UV-3 PS-3 TR-22C TR-33C AA-10 AC-10 MMK-22 TR-6
PRN1000