Il 17 ott 2016 09:01, "Jan Schermer" <j...@schermer.cz> ha scritto:

> 3 storages, many more hypervisors, data triplicated... that's the usual
scenario

Are you using drbd9 with a 3 nodes replication?
could you please share the drbd config?

> We use ZFS on the storages, ZVOLs on top of that, each ZVOL makes up part
of the DRBD resource that gets exported to the hypervisor.

No raid volumes?
are you creating a single drbd resource for each storage disk?  (In
example, in a server with 12 disks are you creating 12 drbd resources?)

i would like to create a raidz2 on each node but the resulting volume is
not seen as block device thus can't be used as drbd resource

I can create a raid6 with mdadm, use that volume for drbd and put zfs on
top of it but there are too many moving parts stacked together,  that would
be a perfect reciepe for a huge mess