Hi,

I have done some more investigation but I am still having a lot of problems with CentOS 7, DRBD 9 and Xen. Is there anyone using the same combination without issues?

I did find a similar issue and suggestions in http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2015-April/021938.html, and tried disabling NIC offloading by using this:

ethtool -K eno1 tso off gso off

But as soon as I do a reboot or a network restart on one of the nodes, everything is broken again with the CPU stuck errors, and I have to reboot all servers.

Anyone having any suggestions on what to try next?

Kind regards,

Maarten Bremer

We have problems with our three node DRBD 9 setup with CentOS 7 and Xen
4. When one of our nodes is rebooted, or becomes unavailable, the other
nodes freeze entirely without any information, or give the following
message:

kernel:NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#2 stuck for 22s!
[drbd_w_db:1469]

They then require a reboot, sometimes crashing one of the other nodes
again in the process. Not a fun thing in a HA setup...

Does anyone have an idea what is going on, and what we can do to prevent
this from happening?

We are running:

DRBD 9.0.4-1 (api:2/proto:86-112)
CentOS 3.18.41-20.el7.x86_64
Xen 4.6.3-3.el7

I do not know if it is related, but we are using bonding (mode 1,
active-backup) with two network adapters.