Hi,

On 28.09.2018 14:15, Simon Ironside wrote:

I have two nodes with DRBD 8.3. Now I want to stop using DRBD and use one of the nodes as a standalone box. How do I do it? As far as I understand it would be enough to wipe out the meta data. But I see no command for that. How can it be done?

You don't really need to delete it at all, it's at the end of the block device so it can be ignored. You can just use (mount or whatever) the underlying block device directly.

Although gdisk says that the partition with the user data is "8300 Linux filesystem", when I try to mount it after stopping drbd I get

mount: unknown filesystem type 'drbd'

So it looks like I have to wipe out the meta data first. But I need to know its offset and size. Unfortunately I cannot understand how to get it from the textual dump made by 'drbdmeta dump-md'. The offset mentioned there does not seem to point to the meta data.

Michael