Am 04.08.2010 16:35, schrieb Alex Deucher:
2010/8/4 Marius Gröger<marius.groe...@googlemail.com>:
Am 04.08.2010 01:59, schrieb Alex Deucher:

This connector attribute allows you to enable or disable underscan
on a digital output to compensate for panels that automatically
overscan (e.g., many HDMI TVs).  Valid values for the attribute are:

off - forces underscan off
on - forces underscan on
auto - enables underscan if an HDMI TV is connected, off otherwise

default value is auto.

Terrific! Two questions:

- inevitably, on my TV Set (SONY KDL 3000) this now doing too much
underscan. In pixels: without your patch, I used a custom modeline to
map 1280x720p to 1220x680p, so I'm 40 pixels down in each dimension. How to
fix that?

Adjust radeon_crtc->v_border and radeon_crtc->h_border in the patch to
whatever size you want.

Thanks. It turns out that I need different values to fit the screen (probably due to native 1366/768 != 1280/720). This is of course at the cost of slightly changing the rendered ratio, but that's fine with me.

Any plans to make those values tunables?

Also, I kind of was hoping that once I could use 1280x720 for both the console and the X screen, it would would allow me to switch between the two transparently. Instead, the TV takes notice of the switch and needs some extra syncing time. Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks
Marius