Hi,

On 16 December 2014 at 03:56, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

> On 12.12.2014 20:27, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > It might be useful to make the interpretation modifiers bitmaskable, so
> > they can be combined (e.g. wide-range/unclamped YUV | whatever chroma
> > siting), but I can't think of a usecase for combining multiple layout
> > modifiers (e.g. this tiling | that compression).
>
> I might be misunderstanding what you're referring to, but FWIW: With AMD
> GPUs, the compression format and tiling parameters can be chosen
> (mostly) independently.

Should've been a little more clear. Definitely each vendor will have their
own combination of modes, but I mostly meant that I don't really see a use
for VENDOR_AMD(compression_1) | VENDOR_OTHER(tiling_N), or VENDOR_ARM(afbc)
| VENDOR_SAMSUNG(tiling_12x64). Each vendor's space would be free to use
the 24 sub-bits as a bitmask, but I don't think there's a need for
combining tokens from multiple vendor spaces.

Cheers,
Daniel