2016년 03월 31일 23:10에 Rob Clark 이(가) 쓴 글:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Inki Dae <daeinki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Hi Inki,

>>> Well, yes. Anyone implementing their own atomic commit would need to
>>> ensure that the commit works properly for fences. The helpers could
>>> also add it, but the helpers are not mandatory, and you are not
>>> required to use every part of the helper to use one part of the
>>> helper. There is no magic wand you can wave that instantly makes it
>>> work for every driver
>>
>> I meant there are already several DRM drivers which work properly for
>> implicit fence. So if atomic helper framework of DRM core is
>> considered only for the explicit fence, then fencing operation would
>> affect the existing DRM drivers. So I hope this trying could consider
>> existing implicit fence users.
>>

> Note that there would be a new flag on the atomic ioctl to request

What is the new flag? And Where I could find the new flag?

> explicit fencing, and with an old kernel or a driver that does not
> support it, the ioctl would be rejected and an error returned.  The
> atomic/kms framework would of course continue to support implicit

I couldn't find where such exceptions are considered.
And as of now, I think implicit fence is implemented by drivers so hided from
drm core framework. So how atomic/kms framework knows whether explicit or
implicit fence is supported by driver?
Otherwise, you mean such things are TODO in the future?

There may be some logic I don't understand yet.

Thanks,
Inki Dae