Hi Patrik,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:39:35AM +0200, Patrik Jakobsson wrote:
> Sorry for late reply. Could be that we're not restoring the state
> properly. Not sure though that we guarantee that the framebuffer
> contents is valid after unbind. Perhaps take a look at what other
> drivers do. I see the same issue on my PSB systems which run SDVO so
> it is at least not LVDS related. Unfortunately I wont have time to
> look at anything gma500 related at the moment. Feel free to dig into
> this and I'll also put it on my todo-list.

Thanks for taking the time to reproduce this issue. This rules out any local
board layout issue on my side. For the record, my hardware is the Advantech
SIMB-M02 Mini-ITX board.

I should have mentioned that the issue persists after unbind. That is, when I
run fb-test only after unbind, I see the same corrupted display. So
framebuffer content invalidation on console unbind is unlikely to be the issue
here.

One more point that we see a similar issue with our Qt based application that
uses the "linuxfb" plugin. The interesting twist here is that SOMETIMES the
display corruption issue just disappears after a few minutes. The application
is idle during that time. Not sure what to make of that.

Thanks,
baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -