On 02/10/17 09:49, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2017, Daniel Thompson <daniel.thomp...@linaro.org> wrote:
On 01/10/17 18:26, Meghana Madhyastha wrote:
-#ifdef CONFIG_OF
+#if defined CONFIG_OF && IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE)

The above comments are more important but why does this mix defined and
IS_ENABLED? Couldn't they both use defined (and preferably with the
optional brackets around the CONFIG_ symbol).

No, always use IS_ENABLED() for tristates when you want to match 'y' or
'm'.

Oops.

Actually it was the mis-match in the original code that attracted my attention (defined on one side, IS_ENABLED() on the other)... I'd be happier if both used the same approach.

Daniel.