On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 5:08 PM, Andy Lutomirski <l...@kernel.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 5:20 AM, Pandiyan, Dhinakaran
> <dhinakaran.pandi...@intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 19:18 +0000, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
>>> I updated to 4.15, and the situation is much worse.  With
>>> enable_psr=1, the system survives for several seconds and then the
>>> screen stops updating entirely.  If I boot with i915.enable_psr=1, I
>>> get to the Fedora login screen and then the system dies.  If I set
>>> enable_psr=1 using sysfs, it does a bit after the next resume.  It
>>> seems like it also sometimes hangs even worse a bit after the screen
>>> stops updating, but it's hard to tell.
>>
>> The login screen freeze sounds like what I have. Does this system have
>> DMC firmware? If yes, can you try this series
>> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/37598/. You'll only need
>> patches 1,8,9 and 10.
>
> That fixes the hang.  Feel free to add:
>
> Tested-by: Andy Lutomirski <l...@kernel.org>
>
> to the i915 parts.  Also, any chance of getting it into the 4.15 stable
> kernels?

Correction: I'm still getting a second or two of complete screen
freezing every now and then.  The kernel says:

[69400.016524] [drm:intel_pipe_update_end [i915]] *ERROR* Atomic
update failure on pipe A (start=19 end=20) time 198 us, min 1073, max
1079, scanline start 1068, end 1082

So something might still be a bit buggy.