--- Comment #4 from Marta Löfstedt <marta.lofst...@intel.com> ---
This caused some discussion. I appears as if devs want a way for user space to
reset the "fbc state". I am assuming this also applies for FIFO underrun caused
I guess that is OK, the only one calling:
void intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler(struct drm_i915_private *dev_priv,
enum pipe pipe)
However, this comment in above function:
/* There's no guarantee that underrun_detected won't be set to true
* right after this check and before the work is scheduled, but that's
* not a problem since we'll check it again under the work function
* while FBC is locked. This check here is just to prevent us from
* unnecessarily scheduling the work, and it relies on the fact that we
* never switch underrun_detect back to false after it's true. */
so maybe not totally straight forward to implement.
Also, I believe that the massive hit from "FBC disabled" on kasan and shard
testlist on BAT is due to this FBC banned by FIFO underrun thing.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
dri-devel mailing list