Quoting Matt Roper (2018-03-17 02:08:57)
> This is the fourth iteration of the work previously posted here:
>   (v1)
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2018-January/153156.html
>   (v2)
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org/msg208170.html
>   (v3) https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2018-March/157928.html
>
> The high level goal of this work is to allow non-cgroup-controller parts
> of the kernel (e.g., device drivers) to register their own private
> policy data for specific cgroups.  That mechanism is then made use of in
> the i915 graphics driver to allow GPU priority to be assigned according
> to the cgroup membership of the owning process.  Please see the v1 cover
> letter linked above for a more in-depth explanation and justification.

Hi Matt,

For cross-subsystem changes such as this, it makes sense to Cc all
relevant maintainers, especially if there have been previous comments to
earlier revisions.

Please, do include and keep a reference to the userspace portion of the
changes when you suggest new uAPI to be added. At least I have some trouble
trying to track down the relevant interface consumer here.

I'm unsure how much sense it makes to commence with detailed i915 review
if we will be blocked by lack of userspace after that? I'm assuming
you've read through [1] already.

Regards, Joonas

[1]
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/gfx-docs/drm/gpu/drm-uapi.html#open-source-userspace-requirements