On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 17:10:43 +0200,
Harry Wentland wrote:

> On 2018-07-15 10:36 AM, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Takashi Iwai <ti...@suse.de> wrote:

> >> Thanks, it'll be great if you can check whether the current code works
> >> or not.  I'd love to push the stuff for 4.19.  Hopefully I'll start
> >> submitting the preparation patches in the next week.
> >>
> >> Basically this also opens the door of the similar capability for
> >> nouveau, and I guess it's also trivial enough.

> >> Could you give a more hint?  I'll try adapt the code if such a change
> >> is already in upstream tree.
> >
> > The new code is in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display.
> >

> In particular, I imagine all you need should be in display/amdgpu_dm,
> although there's chance you might have to touch display/dc/dce/dce_audio.c if
> you have to do anything with the unsolicited event.

Thanks, I'm currently struggling to read down the whole complex DC
code tree, and it's a very helpful hint.

How is the audio enable/disable call associated with the pipe index?
IOW, if I add a hook to call a notifier callback to pass the pipe
index that is enabled/disabled, how can it be deduced?

Similarly, when DC driver gets the query about the ELD on the given
pipe, where can I convert it to which object?

DC is quite another beast, so I still haven't figured out the
structures yet...

> I see you're using the GPL license, rather than MIT in amdgpu_audio.c. Since
> the code in display/dc is shared with other OSes and internal test frameworks
> it has to be MIT. Not entirely sure about display/amdgpu_dm, but if GPL is
> fine in amd/amdgpu it's probably fine there as well.

Oh I just didn't know that amdgpu code was with MIT.  Indeed the
driver module is provided via "GPL and additional rights".

I'm fine to change the license to follow other code bits there.  What
exactly SPDX tag should be put there?

thanks,

Takashi