Hi,

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 at 10:11, Lucas De Marchi <lucas.de.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 7:00 PM Rodrigo Vivi <rodrigo.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > well.... it builds for me.
> >
> > but any idea what might be wrong here on gitlab ci?

You can simulate what happens in CI by running the same script inside
the same container. There's no magic setup on the CI runner.

> From the logs:
>
> The output from the failed tests:
>
>  8/21 intel-symbol-check                      FAIL     0.29 s (exit status 1)
>
> --- command ---
> NM='/usr/sbin/nm' /usr/sbin/bash
> /builds/mesa/drm/_build/../intel/intel-symbol-check
> intel/libdrm_intel.so.1.0.0
> --- stdout ---
> intel_get_genx intel_is_genx
> -------
>
> So... it's not the build that fails, the test is checking for exported
> symbols, and it only does that when using meson (actually as part of
> the tests). And we don't use -fvisibility=hidden?!??! Ugh, I think we
> need some fixing on that :(

Yeah. It probably should be a bit more visible though. I sent a patch here:
  https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2018-September/188826.html

You can see the results here:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/daniels/drm/pipelines/4130

And for example, from this failed job:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/daniels/drm/-/jobs/22438

going to 'browse artifacts' (you can also just download the bundle)
will lead you to this full test log:

https://daniels.pages.freedesktop.org/-/drm/-/jobs/22438/artifacts/_build/meson-logs/testlog.txt

Cheers,
Daniel