On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 10:02:30PM +0100, Jan Kara wrote:
> On Thu 31-01-19 11:10:06, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> >
> > Andrew what is your plan for this ? I had a discussion with Peter Xu
> > and Andrea about change_pte() and kvm. Today the change_pte() kvm
> > optimization is effectively disabled because of invalidate_range
> > calls. With a minimal couple lines patch on top of this patchset
> > we can bring back the kvm change_pte optimization and we can also
> > optimize some other cases like for instance when write protecting
> > after fork (but i am not sure this is something qemu does often so
> > it might not help for real kvm workload).
> >
> > I will be posting a the extra patch as an RFC, but in the meantime
> > i wanted to know what was the status for this.
> >
> > Jan, Christian does your previous ACK still holds for this ?
>
> Yes, I still think the approach makes sense. Dan's concern about in tree
> users is valid but it seems you have those just not merged yet, right?

(Catching up on email)

This version included some of the first users for this but i do not
want to merge them through Andrew but through the individual driver
project tree. Also in the meantime i found a use for this with kvm
and i expect few others users of mmu notifier will leverage this
extra informations.

Cheers,
Jérôme