Hi John,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 12:24:08PM -0800, John Stultz wrote:
> This is a *very early RFC* (it builds, that's all I'll say :)
> but I wanted to share it to get some initial feedback before I
> go down the rabit hole of trying to adapt the Android userland
> code to get this fully validated.
>
> This patchset tries to implement the per-heap devices for ION.
> The main benefit is that it avoids multiplexing heap operations
> through the /dev/ion interface, and allows for each heap to have
> its own permissions/sepolicy rules.

In general, I've always thought that having a device node per-heap is
a bit messy for userspace. Multiplexing through the single node
doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem, but the point about
permissions/sepolicy is reasonably compelling if it's a real
requirement. What would be the reasons for that?

Thanks,
-Brian