On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 6:17 AM Alex Deucher <alexdeuc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>       drm/amdgpu/ras: fix and update the documentation for RAS
>       drm/amdgpu/display: fix 64 bit divide
>       drm/amdgpu/display: include slab.h in dcn21_resource.c
>       drm/amdgpu/atomfirmware: use proper index for querying vram type (v3)
>       drm/amdgpu/atomfirmware: simplify the interface to get vram info
>       drm/amdgpu: don't increment vram lost if we are in hibernation
>       drm/amdgpu: improve MSI-X handling (v3)
>       drm/amdgpu: move amdgpu_device_get_job_timeout_settings
>       drm/amdkfd: fix the build when CIK support is disabled
>
> Allen Pais (1):
>       drm/amdkfd: fix a potential NULL pointer dereference (v2)
>
> Alvin Lee (1):
>       drm/amd/display: Don't allocate payloads if link lost
>
> Andrey Grodzovsky (11):
>       drm/amdgpu: Fix bugs in amdgpu_device_gpu_recover in XGMI case.
>       drm/amdgpu: Avoid HW GPU reset for RAS.
>       dmr/amdgpu: Add system auto reboot to RAS.
>       drm/amdgpu: Add smu lock around in pp_smu_i2c_bus_access
>       drm/amdgpu: Remove clock gating restore.
>       drm/madgpu: Fix EEPROM Checksum calculation.
>       drm/amdgpu: Avoid RAS recovery init when no RAS support.
>       drm/amdgpu: Add amdgpu_ras_eeprom_reset_table
>       drm/amdgpu: Allow to reset to EERPOM table.
>       drm/amdgpu: Fix mutex lock from atomic context.
>       drm/amdgpu:Fix EEPROM checksum calculation.
>
> Anthony Koo (2):
>       drm/amd/display: 3.2.49
>       drm/amd/display: set minimum abm backlight level
>
> Aric Cyr (4):
>       drm/amd/display: 3.2.50
>       drm/amd/display: 3.2.51
>       drm/amd/display: 3.2.51.1
>       drm/amd/display: Improve LFC behaviour
>
> Arnd Bergmann (4):
>       drm/amd/display: hide an unused variable
>       drm/amdgpu: make pmu support optional, again
>       drm/amdgpu: hide another #warning
>       drm/amdgpu: display_mode_vba_21: remove uint typedef
>
> Austin Kim (1):
>       drm/amdgpu: Drop unused variable and statement
>
> Bayan Zabihiyan (1):
>       drm/amd/display: Isolate DSC module from driver dependencies
>
> Bhawanpreet Lakha (15):
>       drm/amd/display: add Asic ID for Dali
>       drm/amd/display: Implement voltage limitation for dali
>       drm/amdgpu: psp HDCP init
>       drm/amdgpu: psp DTM init
>       drm/amd/display: Add HDCP module
>       drm/amd/display: add PSP block to verify hdcp steps
>       drm/amd/display: Update hdcp display config
>       drm/amd/display: Create amdgpu_dm_hdcp
>       drm/amd/display: Create dpcd and i2c packing functions
>       drm/amd/display: Initialize HDCP work queue
>       drm/amd/display: Handle Content protection property changes
>       drm/amd/display: handle DP cpirq
>       drm/amd/display: Update CP property based on HW query
>       drm/amd/display: only enable HDCP for DCN+
>       drm/amd/display: Add hdcp to Kconfig
>
> Charlene Liu (1):
>       drm/amd/display: dce11.x /dce12 update formula input
>
> Christian König (22):
>       drm/amdgpu: use moving fence instead of exclusive for VM updates
>       drm/amdgpu: reserve at least 4MB of VRAM for page tables v2

Patch no handy for a direct reply, so asking here (but this is totally
unrelated to the pull):

Do you have other stuff than scanout and pagetables that need to be in
vram? I was kinda assume this is needed for big vram-only objects to
fit, making space by throwing stuff out that could also be put into
system memory. But sounds like it was only for making pagetables fit.
-Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation