Hi

Am 11.10.19 um 19:09 schrieb Daniel Stone:
Hi Rohan,

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 at 15:30, Rohan Garg <rohan.g...@collabora.com> wrote:
DRM_IOCTL_DUMB_SET_LABEL lets you label GEM objects, making it
easier to debug issues in userspace applications.

I'm not sure if this was pointed out already, but dumb buffers != GEM
buffers. GEM buffers _can_ be dumb, but might not be.

Could you please rename to GEM_SET_LABEL?

This change to build upon dumb buffers was suggested by me, as dumb buffers is the closes thing there is to a buffer management interface. Drivers with 'smart buffers' would have to add their own ioctl interfaces.

What I really miss here is a userspace application that uses this functionality. It would be much easier to discuss if there was an actual example.

Best regards

Cheers,
Daniel

Thomas Zimmermann
Graphics Driver Developer
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)