Em Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:45:14 +0200
Florian Fainelli <f.faine...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> On Monday 08 October 2012 17:49:00 Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > On Mon October 8 2012 17:06:20 Florian Fainelli wrote:
> > > Hi Hans,

> > > standard.

> > Also remote control messages might optionally be handled through an input
> > driver.
>
> Ok, then maybe just stick to the standard CEC_UI_* key codes, and let people
> having proprietary UI functions do the rest in user-space, or write their own
> input driver.

No. The RC core already provides standard ways for userspace to read/add/replace
the scancode -> Linux keycode using the standard Kernel mechanisms for that.

All it is needed is to use an userspace program for that (with already exists).
So, there's absolutely no need for per-vendor kernelspace/userspace drivers.

The RC core also allows sending remote controller keystrokes. The userspace API
currently works only with IR raw codes. There are, however, discussions and some
RFC patches proposing some changes there to also accept scancodes (and/or
Linux keycodes) to be passed for the Remote Controller TX drivers.

So, from remote controller standpoint, just one driver will be enough to handle
HDMI CEC.

Regards,
Mauro