Hoi Lucas

Am Fr., 10. Juli 2020 um 10:31 Uhr schrieb Lucas Stach <l.st...@pengutronix.de>:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Am Freitag, den 10.07.2020, 09:41 +0200 schrieb Christian Gmeiner:
> > This patch series add support for loadavg values for GPU
> > sub-components. I am adding a SMA algorithm as I was not
> > really sure if EWMA would be a good fit for this use case.
>
> 1 second is a pretty long window in GPU time. Why do you feel that a
> simple moving average is more appropriate than a exponentially
> weighted one here? Note that I haven't given this any thought myself
> and haven't made up my mind yet, so this is a honest question to
> understand the reasoning behind your choice.

I played with both variants but I 'feel' that SMA might be a better
fit. To be honest I
have no background in signal processing and stuff like this so.. I
will go the route you
guide me to :) I have kept the "interface" for SMA equal to the one EWMA uses
so I can easily switch between them.

--
greets
--