Hi,

I've been working to get upstream support for the DRM driver on HiKey 970.

While the patches are not ready yet for upstream merge, I'm placing
what I've sone so far on this repository:

        https://github.com/mchehab/linux/tree/hikey970/to_upstream-2.0-v1.1

The drivers there are a port from the Linaro's HiKey official Kernel:

        https://github.com/96boards-hikey/linux

The patches there preserve the old history. The porting patches
are applied after the original patches imported from that tree.

Besides the DRM driver, this repository contains:

- a PMIC/regulator driver;
- an iommu driver (still requiring some changes at DT properties);
- A DMA driver;
- a small ugly hack reverting some PM changes at the WiFi driver,
  causing a regression on this board for HiKey 970.

My current plans are to start upstreaming those needed drivers.

The KMS/DRM driver there still need some changes. I guess it is
not ready for being upstreamed yet. Also, it depends on the
other drivers to work.

In particular, its support for DPMS is broken: if the monitor is
suspended, it won't return back to the right frequency settings.

Feel free to test it and send me patches fixing things there :-)

Thanks,
Mauro